Summaries and links to blog posts for October 2018
- Hurricane Michael Aftermath – Get Close – Day 31 of Handmade (10/31)
Sometimes you have to get close. We’re getting up close and personal with Hurricane Michael this week. Panama City is now more than a vacation spot to us.
- Hear A Different Voice – Day 30 of Handmade (10/30)
Listen for a different voice. We weren’t speaking the same language. But we found a way to communicate.
- Books I Recommend to Bring Us Together – Day 29 of Handmade (10/29)
Books bring us together with people we would never meet otherwise. Here are four books I recommend from what I finished this month.
- Begin with Worship – Day 28 of Handmade (10/28)
How would you describe worship? It’s a perfect way to start a day, a week, a life.
- See the Whole Picture – Day 27 of Handmade (10/27)
It helps to see the whole picture. I don’t like mopping the floor. But when I think of my grandbaby crawling on it, it’s much easier to do.
- When It’s Not Your First Time – Day 26 of Handmade (10/26)
There’s a first time for everything. While we can never repeat a first ourselves, we can enjoy a first with someone else.
- How Does He Capture You? – Day 25 of Handmade (10/25)
Is it safe to put all our eggs in one basket, if the Lord is holding the basket?
- You Know Enough Already – Day 24 of Handmade (10/24)
Sometimes we think we have to know everything before we can do something. But as believers, it’s more about who we belong to than how much we know.
- Uncommon Things at Church – Day 23 of Handmade (10/23)
This homeless man was going to prove it wasn’t just another day at church. Uncommon things happen when we wake up.
- Take the Shortcut? – Day 22 of Handmade (10/22)
Sometimes shortcuts give us the help we need. But other times? They rob us of time with God.
- Just Start – Day 21 of Handmade (10/21)
Sometimes we fail to start because we can’t imagine finishing. But start anyway. Take one step today.
- Do You Like an Audience? – Day 20 of Handmade (10/20)
Some people crave an audience. Others of us avoid the limelight. Which are you?
- When Did You Convert – Day 19 of Handmade (10/19)
When we turn around and head a different direction, we’ve experienced conversion. God continues to bring us times of conversion. These are no less real than our initial conversions.
- Call Off the Search – Day 18 of Handmade (10/18)
We look and look. But what if we already have it? Call off the search.
- Worship in the Pause – Day 17 of Handmade (10/17)
Just sit still in the pause. It may birth the most radical worship you can offer.
- Pray to Do More Than Pray – Day 16 of Handmade (10/16)
We often pray for people. But what if God wants to use us as an answer? We pray we’ll do more than pray.
- When You Get Your Grace – Day 15 of Handmade (10/15)
When will you receive a fresh supply of grace? Always today.
- When You’re Afraid to Ask – Day 14 of Handmade (10/14)
Why don’t you ask God for more? You don’t have to know how or when or who he’ll use to answer.
- Call or Text? What’s the Best Way to Talk? – Day 13 of Handmade (10/13)
Text or call? How do you decide what mode of communication to use in each situation?
- Which Side Are You On? The Great Divide – Day 12 of Handmade (10/12)
By just one question, we classify people as right or left. What if we asked a different question instead, to heal instead of divide?
- Oil the Hinges – Day 11 of Handmade (10/11)
Doors are made to both open and close. Are your hinges oiled?
- How Do You Worship? – Day 10 of Handmade (10/10)
Often we know what and why we do what we do. But how to do it? That can vary. How do you worship?
- Breathe in the Inspiration – Day 9 of Handmade (10/9)
When days are dark, what or who inspires you to keep going? What is God inspiring you to do in this season?
- Step Out of Your Comfort Zone – Day 8 of Handmade (10/8)
Comfort zones feel safe. But not much growth happens there. What comfort zone is God calling you out of?
- This Is Why It’s Safe to Hope – Day 7 of Handmade (10/7)
Sometimes we’re fearful to get our hopes up. But it’s safe to. Because God is already in our tomorrows.
- Do You Belong at Church? – Day 6 of Handmade (10/6)
Where do you go to church? Do you belong there?
- What Do You Need to Let Go Of? – Day 5 of Handmade (10/5)
What do you need to let go of? Sometimes we have to let go of one thing before we can receive another.
- Why, Why, Why – Day 4 of Handmade (10/4)
We never know as much as we think we do. So keep asking why, why, why.
- Who Do You Believe? – Day 3 of Handmade (10/3)
What do you believe in? Who do you believe? Join me for “Handmade – Finding God in Your Story”
- 5 Links, Books, and Things I Love – October 2018 (10/2)
Links and pictures of articles, books, and things I love for October 2018
- What Scares You? Day 2 – Handmade (10/2)
What are you afraid of? Which fear do you wish God would take away?
- Where Is God in Your Story? Handmade – A #Write31Days Series (10/1)
Where has God been in your story? Answer 3 questions for 31 days to find God in your handmade story.
- Hurricane Michael Aftermath – Get Close – Day 31 of Handmade
- 5 Links, Books, and Things I Love – November 2018