DAY 5, OCTOBER 5
I unfollowed another friend on Facebook this week.
I did it so we could remain friends in real life.
I’ve had to do it before with other friends and family. Hopefully they never knew.
One Thing for Another
It’s more important to me to love my friend, to look forward to being around her, to not get angry when I think about her political views.
Sometimes we have to let go of one thing to keep another.
But do we have to be Facebook friends too?
I get too riled up when I see things she posts. I’m sure she has her reasons. And if we sat down face-to-face to talk about them, maybe I could see her position.
But because we can rarely do that, I’d rather preserve our in-person friendship,
So I’ll let go of the digital one. For now anyway. I’ll try again later.
What thing have you released so you could hold on to something better?
(1) Is it hard or easy for you to get rid of clothes you rarely wear?
(2) What’s the last thing you’ve let go of?
(3) What new thing has God given you after you let go of something else? Is there something he’s asking you to let go of in this season?
* * *
What are your answers? Please share in the comments.
(1) Ugh. I have a hard time letting go of sentimental t-shirts. Memories are attached. But I can keep the memory and get rid of the shirt, yes?
(2) We pulled out our daughters’ old highchair from the attic to see if it would be in good enough shape for our granddaughter. I decided this week: no, it’s really not. It’s still in the garage, but the decision is made. I’m letting go of it.
(3) When we let go of our old church six years ago, God blessed us with a new community that has breathed fresh grace into our worship and service opportunities.
- Who Needs Your Stuff? The Cycle of Sharing
My items tagged for the yard sale served me well. Now they need to bless someone else. Keep the cycle going.
- 3 Reasons to Let Go of Perfectionism
The thing about helping others is we don’t always get to match our skills with their needs. Our perfectionism can become their roadblock.
- Let Go of Being Right – When Being Right Is Wrong (and Dangerous)
When is being right the wrong thing? Here are 3 dangers of being right and how to release them.
(FYI, I’m occasionally using a different word-of-the-day instead of following the FiveMinuteFriday word list every day.)
- Why, Why, Why – Day 4 of Handmade
- Do You Belong at Church? – Day 6 of Handmade