DAY 4, OCTOBER 4
I want to know. I like to know why.
We think we know a lot of things.
But often those who think they know the most, actually know the least.
Keep Asking Why
So we must not stop asking why. Even when we don’t hear God answering.
Why? Because he is listening.
And in his own way, he is also always answering. Maybe we just aren’t ready to hear or understand yet.
As I’ve heard it said, the miracle of the burning bush wasn’t that God spoke through a bush. It’s that Moses heard him there.
Tweak Your Why
In the meantime, we might need to adjust our why to more productive questions.
But don’t abandon the question itself of why. It makes us dive deeper, swim underwater, get a new perspective.
Asking why expands our conversations instead of shutting them down.
And if there’s anything we need right now, it’s more grace to understand who we are, who God is, and why he has us right here, right now, in these circumstances.
What Do You Think? – 3 Questions
Here are our three questions of the day:
(1) Why do you live where you do?
(2) Why are you with (or not) your husband/wife?
(3) What “why” would you like God to answer right now?
* * *
What are your answers? Please share in the comments.
(1) Jeff and I like living in the same area as family and it’s basically where were grew up.
(2) I knew Jeff’s brother, and met Jeff through him. (And…God wanted me to really know the love of Jesus in the flesh, so he gave me Jeff.)
(3) Why don’t You intervene more directly when bad things happen?
- Why Are You Still Here?
When my baby died, part of me wanted to die too. In times of pain we often wonder why we’re still here. But there are reasons.
- Why Don’t You Ask?
4 reasons we don’t ask more questions. But should.
- Why? The Practice of Purpose
Hank confused me. Here’s his story. And his purpose. And how the rest of us all still learning that loving is our purpose. We’re not done here yet.
- Who Do You Believe? Day 3 of Handmade
- What Do You Need to Let Go Of? – Day 5 of Handmade