How can you practice the Enneagram for spiritual growth? Discover 20 ways to use the Enneagram in this series. Don’t just learn about it; use it.
“When you learn about your type—the good and the bad—this knowledge can serve as your guardrail. It’s much easier to keep from falling off the edge of the road if your eyes are wide open and the path is lit.“
– Anne Bogel, Reading People
Daily Series on the Enneagram
The Enneagram (pronounced ANY-a-gram) is a personality typing system. It’s been gaining in popularity every year.
- But what exactly is the Enneagram?
- Is it compatible with Christian beliefs?
- How do you find your Enneagram type/number?
And most importantly for this series:
- How can you use the Enneagram for spiritual growth?
Below is the index to 29 posts looking at different angles of the Enneagram and a different spiritual practice.
Take a deeper look into:
- How to identify your type
- Spiritual practices for each type
- Online resources
- Subtypes and wings
- Relationships between types
- Heart, head, and gut triads
- Stress and health directions
- and much more
Don’t just learn about the Enneagram. Use it to grow your faith.
Learn more about and get links for Enneagram tests at #5, both free and paid. But if you want to take a test to get started now, here’s a link to the free version of the RHETI Enneagram test. It only takes a few minutes.
Just hold your results lightly. Most tests are not very accurate. But they can narrow down the possibilities for your number.
(Tip: If you’re a Christian female, don’t be surprised if you score high as a type 2, the Helper. Keep reading before you decide for sure.)
1. Introduction (this page)
2. You Are God’s Masterpiece
3. 9 Enneagram Types with 9 Fears and Desires
4. 3 Ways to Find YOUR Enneagram Number + 9 Healing Attitudes to Accept It
5. 5 Enneagram Tests to Determine Your Type
6. Who Has Your Enneagram Number? Numbers of Famous People and People in the Bible
7. Where Did the Enneagram Come From? What Does the Symbol Mean?
8. Your First Impression of the Enneagram and Week 1 in Summary
9. A Hidden Gift in Each Enneagram Number
10. What Are Enneagram Wings? Your Invitation to Abundance
11. What Is My Enneagram Wing? Extra Names for Subtypes
12. Be a Healthy Number – Lines, Arrows, and Letting Go on the Enneagram
13. Favorite Books on the Enneagram
14. Podcasts, Music, and Other Resources on the Enneagram
15. On Your Mind Before Bed and Week 2 in Summary
16. You See Differently
17. Are You a Thinker, Feeler, or Doer? Triads & 3 Practices
18. What’s Your Connection Style? Prayer Practices for Each Enneagram Number
19. Is Your Social Style Annoying? 9 Ways We Manipulate Each Other
20. What’s Your Coping Style? Choose Your Response
21. 3 Survival Strategies – Subtypes of the Enneagram
22. Each Type on Their Day Off and Week 3 in Summary
23. The Most Important Thing About You
24. Shine a Light on 9 Ways We Lose Our Way
25. Which Enneagram Types Go Best Together?
26. Improve Your Relationships with Other Numbers on the Enneagram
27. A Wake-Up Call for Each Number on the Enneagram
28. Your Cheat Sheet: Summary for Enneagram Types
29. Don’t Make Me and Week 4 in Summary
What’s your Enneagram type? Do you have a favorite resource on the Enneagram? Please share in the comments.
- On the Blog – January 2020
- 5 Links, Books, and Things I Love – February 2020