DAY 10, OCTOBER 10
Sometimes we know what to do. And even why we do it.
How do we do it?
How Do We Worship?
How is often underrated.
How is the nuts and bolts of intent. It puts the movement in our lives.
When we think of what we worship, or more precisely, who we worship, many Christians automatically think of God. And hopefully that’s accurate.
When we think about where we worship, one place is the building we gather on Sundays. And also everywhere else we go should be a place of worship.
But how do we worship?
That can look different for each individual.
On Sundays our worship may look similar to others within the same walls. But from building to building, it can vary greatly.
And on Mondays-Saturdays, how we worship can definitely look different from day to day, from person to person.
Think this week about your how, as much as your what, where, or why.
And not just on Sundays. But every day.
Here are our three questions of the day:
(1) Are you a screamer at ballgames or concerts, or are you one who sits silently and enjoys?
(2) What’s the norm for worship at your church? Contemporary? Traditional? Quiet? Noisy?
(3) Have you changed how you worship through the years?
* * *
What are your answers? Please share in the comments.
(1) I don’t really yell crazy like a lot of people of games, but I do like to be enthusiastic.
(2) Our church’s worship is contemporary with a bit of rowdy participation from the crowd.
(3) My church of origin was very conservative and very still. Our singing (a cappella only) was to be vigorous, but that was it. Sometimes it was; sometimes it wasn’t.
- Raise Your Hand If . . .
She asked, “Why do people raise their hands at your church?” That’s a good question. How would you answer?
- Let the Body Worship
I grew up being very still during singing with the church. That’s fine. Still is. But sometimes, when God is in the house, how can a body contain him?
- I Need Your Worship
If I feel the words drying up in me, I glance at her to remember why I’m here. For Someone bigger and greater than me. I get that by watching her worship.
- Breathe in the Inspiration – Day 9 of Handmade
- Oil the Hinges – Day 11 of Handmade