Some things about God seem even more amazing than others.
One such thing to me?
Daily doses of grace.
A fresh supply arrives every single morning.
How does God remember to give us our daily dose every morning?
How can he never run out of mercy, when there are so many of us and there are so many days?
The only way I can explain it is that he is great and he is faithful.
“The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”
Now is the right season for me to memorize Lamentations 3:21-26. (We’re learning it together at Do Not Depart. It’s not too late to join in. It’s easy.)
And today is the right morning to receive fresh mercies. (It’s always today.)
Here are our three questions of the day:
(1) What is a habit you try to do almost every single day?
(2) When during the year are you most stressed?
(3) When have you been especially thankful for God’s fresh grace?
* * *
What are your answers? Please share in the comments.
(1) I *try* to meditate most every day. And do a Spanish lesson with Duolingo. And take a one-second video.
(2) The first two weeks of December stress me as I rack my brain to think of which gifts to buy everybody. I’d do it earlier but I don’t want to be stressed then either.
(3) I’ve received tons of fresh grace this year to travel back and forth so often to my daughter’s house to play with our grandbaby.
- The Only Moment Is This One
And now is where God is. Stay awake to this moment.
- Remember to Use Yours Today
A fresh batch of grace arrives at the foot of your bed before you wake up every day. Look for your batch of mercy today.
- A Daily Dose to Overcome Anxiety
God gave it to them daily for their journey: manna. What does He give us every day for our journey? Grace.
- When You’re Afraid to Ask – Day 14 of Handmade
- Pray to Do More Than Pray – Day 16 of Handmade