DAY 8, OCTOBER 8
The promise of stretching is not success, it’s learning.
– Chip Heath, Dan Heath
I like my comfort zone. It feels safe. It’s not scary.
But I can run in circles inside its borders. It doesn’t push me outward into the world.
And it’s outside of my comfort zone where real growth usually happens.
So sometimes I have to get a running start to break out of my comfort zone. Other times I just tiptoe out of it, one inch at a time.
God is good at calling us out of our comfort zones.
Is he calling you out of a comfort zone now?
Here are our three questions of the day:
(1) What’s your favorite comfort food?
(2) Who is good at comforting you during hard times?
(3) When has God called you out of your comfort zone? What happened?
* * *
What are your answers? Please share in the comments.
(1) Chocolate chip cookies – they’re my go-to treat. After hundreds of them, I haven’t gotten tired of them yet. They taste like home to me.
(2) It depends on the issue. Jeff is helpful at alleviating my guilt when I need to say no to something. My girlfriends and sisters and daughters give good comfort about relational things.
(3) God calls me out of my comfort zone almost every week. For example, it takes me awhile to get comfortable in volunteer opportunities I get, but then something will change in it and I’m uncomfortable all over again. Yet God keeps showing up with me anyway, even in my awkwardness.
- You’re Not Ready? Show Up Anyway
Even when you’re not prepared, just show up anyway. God will show up, too.
- Need to Stretch?
By stretching for insight, we create more moments for learning.
- Get Your Brave On
Whatever brave thing you do today, don’t think it’s too small to be significant.
- This Is Why It’s Safe to Hope – Day 7 of Handmade
- Breathe in the Inspiration – Day 9 of Handmade