I like to spread things out.
Don’t put too much emphasis on any one thing in case something falls apart.
But as I repeat my memory verses this fall, I’m reminded of this: There is one thing faithful enough for total dependence.
And I’m trying to recall it to mind often.
It’s the promise in these verses. This is part of our Fall Memory Challenge at Do Not Depart, Lamentations 3:21-26.
Lamentations 3:21 But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope:
22 The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
24 “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.”
If God’s love for me never stops, and his mercies never end, and he promises to give me grace every morning?
Then he’s a sturdy basket for all my eggs.
I want the Lord to capture all my heart, all my soul, all my mind. Everything.
He is reason enough to stay hopeful, even when other things may fail.
Here are our three questions of the day:
(1) Do you take screen captures?
(2) How do you best like to capture a special moment? Photo? Journal? Souvenir?
(3) What promise of God do you often rely on?
* * *
What are your answers? Please share in the comments.
(1) I take screenshots of so many things both on my phone and computer. (I just checked my phone and I have 107 screenshots! lol)
(2) I don’t always like taking pictures, but I love having them to remind me of special moments. (Shout out to my sister Sandy and my daughter Jenna for being the family photographers and thus memory-keepers.)
(3) That the Lord is good and will always be good; I rely on that truth as a basic foundation of my faith.
- Put All Your Eggs in One Basket
There is one basket that is safe for all your eggs. Put all your hope in the Lord. Your soul is safe there.
- How a Christian Concert Affirmed This Memory Challenge
How did this Christian concert affirm my decision to memorize this scripture? It’s how God works.
- When You Get Your Grace
When will you receive a fresh supply of grace? Always today.
- You Know Enough Already – Day 24 of Handmade
- When It’s Not Your First Time – Day 26 of Handmade