Here are brief summaries and links to all the posts in June 2021.
- 7 Books I Recommend—June 2021 (6/30)
Here are 7 books I recommend from what I finished reading in June 2021.
- Share Four Somethings—June 2021 (6/28)
I’m sharing four somethings for June 2021. Here is something I love, something I read, something I treasure, and something ahead.
- Can You Tell a Good Story? (6/25)
Jeff can make up great stories for the kids with no prep. Me? It’s a struggle. Review of West and Sorosy’s new book, How to Tell Stories to Children.
- When Tragedy Feels Personal – 8 Children from Girls Home Die in Alabama Accident + Frame the Moment to Last (6/22)
The fatal accident of the Girls Home van will never be forgotten. It feels more personal to me because of a very different day. These teen girls had marked time with impermanence and uncertainty. But framed properly, a single day can last a long time.
- One Word 2021 Linkup for June + FREE BOOK GIVEAWAY (6/21)
Add a link or comment about your One Word 2021 for June and automatically be entered for a drawing of a free book, One Word That Will Change Your Life, on June 30, 2021.
- You Don’t Have to Understand Everything (6/18)
Too often I think I have to understand everything before I can accept it. But life doesn’t always work that way. And neither does God.
- When History Makes You Sick (6/16)
What do you do when history makes you sick? Sometimes we have to throw up our white trauma before we can get better. Racism is a sickness. It hurts everyone.
- Surrender to the Moment: 5 Little Things to Give Up (6/14)
How can you surrender to the moment for the greater good? Here are 5 little things you can give up anytime, anywhere.
- I Don’t Want to Remember. But I Can’t Forget. (6/11)
Some things only take once. I don’t want to remember. But I can’t forget.
- Can Women Pray with Men? + Book Review, The Making of Biblical Womanhood (6/9)
Does God prohibit women praying with men? Or would he rather us all talk together with him? Also a review of Beth Allison Barr’s, The Making of Biblical Womanhood.
- A Jewelry Box, a Button Jar, and a Writing Change (6/7)
Times change. Our options multiply. What adjustments are you making after the pandemic?
- Is It Time to Read His Final Words? (6/4)
His last major study was of the New Testament book of Romans. I’ve kept my dad’s final words out there, ahead of me. But is it time to read them now?
- Do You Know Enough to Be a “Good” Christian? (6/2)
How much do we need to know to be a “good” Christian? Is there such a thing anyway? Perhaps we already know all we need to know.
- 7 Books I Recommend—June 2021
- What’s in a Word? Actually Quite a Lot