Here are brief summaries and links to blog posts from August 2020.
- It’s Time to Linger in His Words—Invitation to Memorize Matthew 7 (8/31)
Linger in his words. Sign up now to memorize Matthew 7:1-14 for the Fall 2020 Bible Memory challenge with Do Not Depart.
- “So, What Do You Do?” When You Don’t Have an Answer (8/28)
“Where do you work? What do you do?” I don’t always have an answer. But God values us most for who we are, not what we do.
- We’ve Come to the Bridge—Let’s Cross It: Review of Be the Bridge (8/26)
When you come to that bridge, cross it. Or better yet, be the bridge. Review of LaTasha Morrison’s wonderful book, Be the Bridge.
- 5 Books I Recommend—August 2020 (8/24)
Here are 5 books I recommend from what I finished reading in August 2020.
- 7 Healing Steps for Relationships (8/21)
Here are 7 healing steps to help you decide what to do when issues arise in relationships.
- Don’t Hate Her—She’s Been Good to You (8/19)
Our bodies do so many good things for us. Why do we talk bad about them? How do you keep a healthy body image?
- Stop the Name Calling (8/17)
I don’t like being called names. You don’t either. Let’s stop the name calling among Republicans and Democrats and everyone in between.
- When It Hurts (8/14)
God doesn’t always whisk away our pain. Even though he stays in it with us, it still hurts. What helps? Sometimes finding purpose does.
- Don’t Lose Hope. God Is Still Good. (8/13)
Don’t lose hope. God is still good. Here are 3 ways to find his goodness again.
- Growing Little Miracles (8/12)
Wait and and marvel as you watch God grow miracles little by little by little. Review of Lara Casey’s children’s book, Gracie’s Garden.
- Say It or Not? 3 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Tell It All (8/10)
Say it or not? Here are 3 questions to ask yourself before you tell it all.
- When You Can’t Do It Perfectly, Just Do It Anyway (8/7)
If you can’t do it perfectly, don’t give up all together. Just do it anyway. Imperfect is better than not at all. Whether it’s Bible study or anything else.
- A Biography of Holy Troublemakers and Unconventional Saints (8/6)
While I may not agree with every theological belief of these 50 people, they still encourage me to make the world a better place through their love for others and their devotion to the divine.
- 5 Links, Books, and Things I Love—August 2020 (8/3)
Links and pictures of articles, books, and things I love – August 2020
- It’s Time to Linger in His Words
- 5 Links, Books, and Things I Love—September 2020