Here are brief summaries and links to blog posts from September 2020.
- Want to Talk about the Debate? How to Talk Beyond Your Bubble (9/30)
Whether you love talking about politics or hate it, Dr. Israel advises us to get out of your bubble to speak with respect to others. Review of Beyond Your Bubble.
- 4 Books I Recommend—September 2020 (9/28)
Here are 4 books I recommend from what I finished reading in September 2020.
- Are We Moving Toward Post-Evangelicalism?—Book Review of After Evangelicalism (9/26)
Be challenged by your status quo beliefs about evangelical identity in David Gushee’s new book, After Evangelicalism. If you don’t mind being politely nudged out of your biblical comfort zone, this book will do it for you.
- More Tips to Control Your Anxiety—Grace & Truth Linkup (9/25)
Need more ideas to control your anxiety in this crazy year? Read this featured post to get 9 tips.
- Can You Change Your Emotions by Changing Your Thoughts? (9/22)
Untrue thoughts can be emotionally painful. They can hurt you in unnecessary ways. Change your emotions by changing your thoughts. Seek the truth.
- When Your Mind Won’t Shut Down—Grace & Truth Linkup (9/18)
When you can’t sleep because your mind won’t shut down, call upon your daytime work with God to ease you back into nighttime rest with God. Scripture memorization is a grace.
- 3 Tips to Make a Better Internet by Taming Our Digital Tongues—Book Review of A Way with Words (9/16)
Here are 3 tips to make a better internet by taming our digital tongues, from Daniel Darling’s book, A Way with Words.
- Wherever Truth Comes From, Listen (9/14)
Whenever truth comes from listen. Don’t shoot the messenger, even if you don’t like him.
- Get the Most from a Spiritual Retreat—Grace & Truth Linkup (9/11)
Get 10 tips from Jean Wise on how to get the most from a spiritual retreat.
- You Are Called to Be a Minister (9/10)
Every believer is called to be a minister of reconciliation.
- Chase the Treasure, Not the Map—Book Review of Love Matters More (9/7)
Don’t mistake the map for the treasure. Truth is the map. But Love is the treasure. Love matters more. Review of Jared Byas’ book, Love Matters More.
- Get Your Bible Notes Organized—Grace & Truth Linkup (9/4)
Organize your Bible notes using the Evernote app. Read more at today’s featured post at the Grace & Truth Linkup.
- 5 Links, Books, and Things I Love—September 2020 (9/2)
Links and pictures of articles, books, and things I love – September 2020
- Want to Talk About the Debate? How to Talk Beyond Your Bubble
- Want to Do an Amazing Thing? Enjoy God