Maybe you can’t take a week away for a quiet spiritual retreat. Or even a weekend.
But most of us can find an afternoon or a Saturday morning that we could intentionally plan a meaningful getaway with God, even if it’s in our own backyard.
Jean Wise sets a good example of taking time away for spiritual renewal. When her regular time at a retreat center had to be cancelled due to covid, she scheduled her own retreat at a hermitage.
Jean shares 10 spiritual retreat tips here. We can apply one or all in our own ways, whether locking ourselves in our bedroom for a couple hours or spending a few days in a cabin in the woods.
Read all of Jean’s post here at her blog healthyspirituality.org, then add your own encouraging spiritual posts to this week’s linkup.
Thanks for sharing, Jean! Here’s a button for your blog.
1. Share 1 or 2 of your most recent CHRISTIAN LIVING posts. (No DIY, crafts, recipes, or inappropriate articles.) All links are randomly sorted.
2. Comment on 1 or 2 other links. Grace & Truth linkup encourages community.
3. Every host features one entry from the previous week. To be featured, include this button or link back here on your post (mandatory to be featured, but not to participate).
We encourage you to follow our hosts on their blogs or social media.
Now Let’s Link Up!
Have you ever taken a spiritual retreat, official or otherwise? Please share your thoughts in the comments.
- You Are Called to Be a Minister
- Wherever Truth Comes From, Listen