Here are brief summaries and links to blog posts from July 2020.
- Even in the Mess, God Still Works—Grace & Truth Linkup (7/31)
God is always at work, always answering prayers, even in the mess.
- 8 Books I Recommend—July 2020 (7/27)
Here are 8 books I recommend from what I finished reading in July 2020.
- Don’t Be Stingy with Your Encouragement (7/24)
Somebody needs to hear your encouraging words today. Don’t be stingy. Give them.
- Honestly, We’re Not Very Good People. Here’s Why. (7/22)
Anyone with an attitude of moral superiority never made a good impression on Jesus. Honestly, we’re not very good people, thanks to our pride. Review of Brant Hansen’s book, The Truth About Us.
- Repeat After Me: “I don’t know!” (7/20)
We’ve all got some of this wrong about COVID-19. A little humility goes a long way.
- The Great Farmapalooza: Children’s Book Review (7/18)
If you’re looking for a fun board book for toddlers, The Great Farmapalooza is a lift-the-flap rhyming treasure, written by Jill Roman Lord and illustrated by Kelly Breemer.
- You’re Not Alone—You are Still Held (7/17)
With our activities limited, there are days we feel isolated from others. But in our featured post, Stacey Pardoe gives us 3 comforting truths to remind us we are still held.
- Do You See the Family Resemblance? (7/16)
We often spot family members because they resemble each other. What about the members of God’s family? Do we look alike?
- I Need My Tears (7/13)
I don’t like to cry in public. But I need my tears. Tears cleanse our souls, heal our hearts, and reboot our emotions once our eyes empty them out.
- Don’t Know What to Pray? Here Are 10 Things (7/10)
If you don’t know what to pray, Dr. Michelle Bengton can help you out. As our featured post for Grace & Truth linkup, see her list of 10 things you can pray.
- It’s Not Fair! When You Resent Those Ruining It for the Rest of Us (7/8)
Life isn’t always fair. Here are 5 steps to get over resentment when you feel others are making your life harder.
- 5 Links, Books, and Things I Love—July 2020 (7/6)
Links and pictures of articles, books, and things I love – July 2020
- Are You a Racist? (7/3)
We immediately cry, No, I’m not a racist! But when we dive deeper, we’re swimming in racism.
- Even in the Mess, God Still Works
- 5 Links, Books, and Things I Love—August 2020