AROUND THE WEB
- Quozio is great for turning a quote into a graphic. Because I needed to make lots for my 31 Quotes of Grace series, Quozio was my quick default. Super easy to use. And free, of course. (I enjoy 31 Days, but I’m always glad when it’s over. Whew.)
- One of my favorite 31 Days series under the Writing, Blogging & Internet Stuff category was Debi Stangeland’s 31 Days to a Better Blog (in 10 Minutes or Less). (And she posted for all 31 days!)
- Another fave was 31 Days of Taking Better Blog Photos by Jennifer at The Memory Journalists. At the end of this series, I bought a DSLR camera so now I’m going back through all 31 days because I didn’t always understand what she was talking about.
- If font choices matter to you (I’m a font lover, I confess), you’ll want to bookmark this site: Wordmark it. Type in your text, and it shows you what it looks like in all your fonts.
WHAT I’M READING
- Mudhouse Sabbath – My copy came in this week for our informal book club. Looks to be interesting.
- Philip Yancey’s Vanishing Grace – I’m halfway finished, but I’d like to totally finish before next week when I see him on his book tour. (Still trying to keep an A+. Sigh)
- Tons of Kindle samples from author Brenda Shoshanna after doing a course under her on Spirituality & Practice
- These books
- In my daily Bible readings, I just finished Judges in the Old Testament:
and Matthew 20 in the New Testament
FAVES FROM SOCIAL MEDIA
- Favorite Pinterest pin
- Favorite Instagram pic, reuniting with a little fellow at Manna House that I hadn’t seen in several weeks
- A favorite retweet
ON THE BLOG
- More on Psalm 27 to re-memorize it with the Hide His Word group. It’s not too late to join in–we start November 10.
- Psalm 118 for this series at Do Not Depart
- Why my daughter Morgan will never go hungry, thanks to my son-in-law Fuller
LOOKING FORWARD TO
- A Thank You dinner for Manna House
- Kali’s 21st birthday (she’s still with us in spirit)
- Thanksgiving dinners with family
- And fall weather, even though fall is my 3rd favorite season (because it means my least favorite is coming up)
* * *
What are you looking forward to in November? Leave a comment here.
- Don’t look away
- 5 things I learned from the Dalai Lama