I’m splitting up my five groups of five favorite things this month, sharing one per day.
- 5 interesting things online (Monday)
- 5 funny memes (Tuesday)
- 5 things on reading and writing (Wednesday)
- 5 pictures of things I love (Thursday)
- 5 posts on how and who to love (Friday)
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
5 Things on Reading and Writing
I did this challenge last year and loved it. Write weekly on your blog or post pictures daily on Instagram with prompts. Get details here.
Blog discussion prompts include:
- Week 1: (Nov. 2 to Nov. 6) – Your Year in Nonfiction
- Week 2: (Nov. 9 to 13) – Book Pairing
- Week 3: (Nov. 16 to 20) – Be The Expert/Ask the Expert/Become the Expert
- Week 4: (Nov. 23 to 27) – New to My TBR
2. One Word 2021—Too Soon? Nah!
What is your one word for 2020? (Mine is “Linger.”) Are you already thinking about a word for 2021? It’s not too soon!
I’m working on an easy monthly linkup starting in January for anyone interested. I’d appreciate accountability with my word and having a community would help. (So far, my word possibilities are…maybe “Uncertainty” or “Enough”???)
Details coming next month.
It’s also not too soon to start thinking about Anita Ojeda’s annual writing challenge for February. Join the #Write28Days group on Facebook to start planning for Feb ’21.
This is supposedly a reliable way to check the source of a quote. (I didn’t have a lot of luck with it, but maybe you will? I’m not giving up yet.)
When I’m planning a trip, I like to read a novel set in that location. This site is supposed to search for books by their setting. I haven’t used it myself yet (I haven’t been outside Alabama in 6 months!), but it’s good to know it’s available.
What’s the latest book you recommend? I finished reading these four wonderful books in September:
- a book about the Bible and spirituality (Love Matters More)
- how to use the Enneagram to become more like Jesus (The Enneagram for Spiritual Formation)
- how to talk across our political divides (Beyond Your Bubble)
- a novel about two generations of two NYPD families (Ask Again, Yes)
- 5 Memes I Love—October 2020
- 5 Pictures of Things I Love—October 2020