- To make godly decisions
- To raise children who know the Lord
- To love others in helpful ways
- To glorify God in word and deed
Who’s the wisest man who ever lived? Solomon? He asked God for wisdom when he could have asked for anything (1 Kings 3:9). He subsequently authored much of the wisdom literature in the Bible.
Yet someone wiser than Solomon is here: Jesus (Matthew 12:42). In the Bible we typically seek His wisdom in the gospels where we see Him teaching about wisdom and living wisely (Matthew 13:54).
But Jesus can also be found in the wisdom literature of the Old Testament (2 Timothy 3:15).
- The wisdom of humility (Job)
- The wisdom of worship (Psalms)
- The wisdom of the way (Proverbs)
- The wisdom of hope (Ecclesiastes)
- The wisdom of connection (Song of Solomon)
I’m writing today at Do Not Depart.
Which of the five Wisdom Books is your favorite?
Do you see Jesus in it?
- When old seeds bloom
- What are you known for?