AROUND THE WEB
- If you want to create better social media graphics, here’s a great 30-day series that just started for free with Crystal Stine. I signed up!
- Church in general gets a lot of bad press—and granted, some is much deserved—but not all. This article about not blaming the church for these 5 things is something to think about.
- I’ve been using pexels.com lately for free stock photos with no attribution required.
- We finally finished cleaning out my parents’ house to sell. So this article on kids not wanting their parents’ stuff was right on target, not just for me the kid, but also for me the parent.
THINGS I LOVE
- My favorite song of late: Good Good Father by Housefires. I play/sing it over and over.
“You’re a good good father
It’s who You are, it’s who You are, it’s who You are
And I’m loved by You
It’s who I am, it’s who I am, it’s who I am”
- ReplyMe plugin. It’s old but I *think* this is working properly to reply to the comments you leave on my blog.
- Some of my favorite sermon podcasts lately have been from Pastor Stan Mitchell and his guest speakers at GracePointe Church in Franklin, TN.
- I never get tired of watching and listening to my daughter Jenna sing with her grandfather Daddy Don. It’s hard to tell who enjoys it the most. This was her last Spring Break home before she graduates from Auburn in May.
WHAT I’M READING
- I’m excited to start the novel Ruby by Cynthia Bond. It’s the 4th selection from Oprah’s Book Club 2.0. I saw her on Super Soul Sunday and it drew me in.
- I hope to finish reading through the four Gospels this week for Lent and through 40 Days with the Holy Spirit. It’s been beneficial (and also fun to color my Lent calendar every day).
- My 2-year Daily Bible Reading has me in 2 Kings 8 in the Old Testament and John 20 in the New Testament.
- Reading and thinking about one chapter a month in The Power of Now since my OneWord2015 is “now.”
“The moment you realize you aren’t present, you are present.” – Eckhart Tolle
- More of what I’m reading here.
ON THE BLOG
- My car was broken into and my purse was stolen a couple weeks ago. But this is what happened afterward!
- 5 ways to really sympathize in a sympathy card
- Celebrating my once-homeless friends’ 1 year anniversary in a home
- Review of Donald Miller’s new book Scary Close
LOOKING FORWARD TO
- Several Easter services with our church this weekend
- My oldest daughter Morgan running her first half-marathon soon—Auburn’s Finish on the 50
- Spending time with these two sweeties and their mom yesterday
- Seeing some dear friends next weekend when their baby girl turns 1
- Laughing with Henry Cho that same weekend to benefit His Way recovery center
- Even though my bracket fell apart and now I’m dead last, I’m still looking forward to the NCAA Final Four games Saturday and Monday. (And I love using the ESPN TC app again this year)
- We’ve started memorizing James 1 this week! I’m excited about how the Lord will reveal new things to each of us as we journey through.
* * *
What are you looking forward to in April? Please share in the comments.
- Another cemetery miracle
- “Death row inmate to walk free”