Out of Toilet Paper
I legit needed to buy toilet paper. Not to hoard. Not to stockpile. But because we were almost out anyway.
But when I got to Walmart, the shelves were almost bare. There were still a few rolls left. But there were far less packages than there was empty space.
Ditto for the wipes I wanted to replace in my car. None on the shelves. On and on.
We’re all experiencing new things in this time of Coronovirus.
If we’re lucky, we’ll only be affected by self-quarantines and slightly inconvenienced by mundane things as fewer selections than we’re used to at the grocery store.
May we use these as wake-up calls to realign our priorities and perspectives in this season of uncertainty and fear and disruptions. God is still with us; we are still here for each other. That has not changed. That will not change.
We may run low on supplies, but may we remain full of hope. God’s faithfulness and our love for each other, by his grace, will never run out.
Our Featured Post
Last week Laurie linked a post with us at Grace & Truth about her own perspective shift at the grocery store. I think you’ll relate, too, like I did.
As she reminds us, let us each remind each other when we’re short on patience, for whatever the reason:
“Most people do not irritate us on purpose. . . . Gratitude, humility, and the ability to see life from others’ points of view lead to inner peace.”
Thanks for sharing, Laurie! Here’s a button for your blog.
We pray that Grace & Truth will point you to Jesus. Add your post to encourage others in the Christian blogging community.
1. Follow your hosts on their blogs and/or social media channels, if you’d like.
2. Share 1 or 2 of your most recent CHRISTIAN LIVING posts. (No DIY, crafts, recipes, or inappropriate articles.)
3. Visit and comment on 1 or 2 other links. Be an encourager. Please don’t link and run.
4. All links are randomly sorted. Link early or late. The playing field is even.
To Be Featured:
5. Post the button or link back to one of our hosts. It encourages new participants. (Not mandatory to participate, but required to be featured.)
6. Every host will feature and promote one blog every week.
Now Let’s Link Up!
Have you experienced shortages where you are? Please share thoughts and concerns in the comments.
- When You Help the Helpers
- Is It Okay to Complain If It’s Only in My Head?