Here are brief summaries and links to posts on the blog, Lisa notes, in September 2023.
- 6 Books I Recommend—September 2023 (9/29)
Here are 5 nonfiction books + 1 novel I recommend from what I finished reading in September.
- Share Four Somethings—September 2023 (9/27)
I’m sharing four somethings for September 2023. Here are four things I’m loving, reading, learning, and eating.
- Learn A New Fact About Your One Word (9/23)
Discover a new fact about your One Word. Does it change how you view your word? Does it inspire a new way to practice your word?
- You’re Going to Fall. Get Back Up (Again). (9/22)
You will fall down. But don’t refuse to get back up. Begin again (and again and again). Review of Mark Nepo’s book, Falling Down and Getting Up.
- When You Can’t Offer a Guarantee, Cry About It (9/20)
Humans need to be in the presence of other humans as they hurt. The gift of presence is more valuable than your guarantees.
- Take Your Foot Off First Base (9/12)
Stepping off first base may not always be easy. But do it and run to second base when you can. Running all the bases eventually leads home.
- Are You Offended? Next Time I’ll Keep Mine in Check (9/8)
I don’t want to be one of those people so easily offended. But this time? I was.
- Can You Think Your Way to Chronic Health? (9/5)
How can we use our minds to come alongside our bodies to promote chronic health instead of chronic illness? Review of Ellen Langer’s book, The Mindful Body.
- Before You Get On With Your Day (9/1)
Before you “get on with your day,” think about this: this already is your day. And this is how you’re getting on with it.
- 6 Books I Recommend—September 2023
- When You Feel Smart