Summaries and links to blog posts for June 2018
- 7 Books I Recommend – June 2018 (6/26)
Recommended reading from books I finished in June 2018
- Cancer, Hospice, Decisions – A Storied Life (6/25)
Calling in hospice for end-of-life care is never easy. Leigh Kramer fleshes out the story beautifully in her debut novel, A Storied Life.
- Dinner for Dinos – Children’s Book (6/23)
This delightful new board book, Dinner for Dinos: Gulf, Guzzle, Chomp, Chew, will help children want to eat healthy foods without a battle.
- White People Are Exhausting – Review of I’m Still Here (6/20)
“White people are exhausting.” Are we listening? Do we hear this? What will we do differently? Review of Austin Channing Brown’s book, I’m Still Here.
- Are Your Words Bullets or Seeds? (6/18)
Our words have power, either as bullets or seeds. How are you using yours?
- When You Are Confused, Is God? (6/14)
Things happen we don’t understand. We get confused and anxious. What happens to our faith in these moments?
- Start in Private (6/13)
We carefully cultivate our outward image. But what about our private life? If no one sees it, does it matter?
- Who to Love? For How Long? Everybody, Always (6/11)
Who are you supposed to love? The person in front of us. For how long? Always. Review of Bob Goff’s Everybody, Always.
- This Public Prayer Stirs Up Grace (6/7)
I wasn’t sure what the response would be to Larry’s request. This ragtag group surprised me.
- A Popcorn Blessing (6/5)
An old white lady hops on my elevator at the 2nd floor. She smells my popcorn. She asks if it’s good.
- 5 Links, Books, and Things I Love – June 2018 (6/01)
Links and pictures of articles, books, and things I love for June 2018.
- 7 Books I Recommend – June 2018
- 5 Links, Books, and Things I Love – July 2018