Theresa felt happy arriving early with her teenage son to his doctor’s appointment. Until she realized she was a whole month early!
Her son forgave her. But she had trouble forgiving herself.
I do this, too. I too often beat myself up for the small things instead of rapidly accepting God’s grace and forgiveness and moving forward.
But we don’t have to keep believing lies about ourselves, God, and others.
As Theresa writes,
“Beating yourself up does not change the reality that you are forgiven and clothed with grace. God has enough for everything big and small. All we have to do is set down our pride and accept it.”
Read all of Theresa’s post here about how to quit punishing yourself over the small things, then link up your own blog posts below.
1. Share 1 or 2 of your most recent CHRISTIAN LIVING posts. (No DIY, crafts, recipes, or inappropriate articles.) All links are randomly sorted.
2. Comment on 1 or 2 other links. Grace & Truth linkup encourages community.
3. Every host features one entry from the previous week. To be featured, include this button or link back here on your post (mandatory to be featured, but not to participate).
We encourage you to follow our hosts on their blogs or social media.
Now Let’s Link Up!
Do you find it hard or easy to forgive yourself? Share your thoughts in the comments.
- Book Review: Faith After Doubt
- Share Four Somethings—March 2021