Once a month we share articles, books, and things we love at Leigh Kramer’s What I’m Into.
Here are some of my favorites from August and what I’m looking forward to in September.
1 Second Everyday
~ * ~ * ~
Around the Web
• Your Political Facebook Posts Aren’t Changing Your Friends’ Minds – They’re only judging you for them.
“Those long rants about how Trump is a bully and a buffoon, Hillary is a crook, and conspiring against Bernie Sanders has doomed America forever aren’t changing voters’ minds, a new study found.”
“Is social reward on the same footing as food, or is it potentially more valuable?” he wondered.
“Our responsibility is to point people to Jesus, to tell the Story of Jesus, and to tell of our own story with Jesus.”
“While it’s true that exercise has many health benefits beyond weight loss, if you have only 45 minutes a day to spare, choose your kitchen, not the gym.”
• A Visual Guide to How Terribly the World’s Best Human Athletes Fare Versus Most Average Animals
“Usain Bolt might be the fastest man alive, but an average warthog could probably take him.”
~ * ~ * ~
On Reading, Writing, and Blogging
It’s not a magic formula, but “after writing down answers to the 5 questions, you’ll be left with a crystal clear outline for your blog post.”
• Your Pictures on Facebook
Does this happen to you, too?
“Smartphones and multitasking have stoked an explosion in audiobooks. . . . Audiobooks are the fastest-growing format in the book business today.”
• Currently Reading
- We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves
by Karen Joy Fowler
- Without you, There Is No Us
by Suki Kim
- The Jesus Creed
by Scot McKnight
- The Telling Room
by Michael Paterniti
~ * ~ * ~
Things I Love
We’re heavy into wedding planning mode for Jenna and Trey. When Morgan came home for the weekend, she went straight to work to keep us on track.
• But it’s not all work. We had such fun at Jenna’s bridal shower!
• So thankful for my besties who celebrate life with me!
• Then Jeff and I left for a get-away to Seattle, Washington.
• Doing scary things . . . not scary to Jeff, but for me it was terrifying to cross the Nisqually River on this “bridge.” Somehow I made it.
• Reuniting with friends who moved from Alabama to Seattle
~ * ~ * ~
On the Blog
Do you know who you’ll vote for in the election? Here are 4 things to pray about, regardless of your political party.
The young black lady approached us white women to ask about hair. But it was so much more. I know we’re going to be alright.
I pass the fire again in my neighborhood. But what I didn’t know was what was burning. Until later.
Read 31 quotes of grace. Or click through to read full paragraphs from 26 books on grace. Or download all the articles as a free pdf.
* * *
What was one of your highlights in August? What are you looking forward to in September? Please share in the comments.
- On the Blog – August 2016
- It’s Not About Looking Good