AROUND THE WEB
- Why do blogs go cold? 3 voices from women at Challies.com. Especially interesting in light of the popularity of this 31 Days writing challenge. I’m following quite a few new blogs from it.
- I need to say something entirely different to white people by Grace Sandra. “White friends, from a basic to do list standpoint: displace. Sit in the pain. Invest in one relationship. Give. Share. Retweet. Read. Listen. Get to know the heart language of Black Americans.”
- How to talk to women. I don’t even drink wine, but I understand this.
WHAT I’M READING
- How I Know God Answers Prayers by Rosalind Goforth for the October selection of the Reading to Know Classics Book Club. Join us—it’s only 86 pages and here’s a free Kindle copy. Get details here at Barbara’s blog.
- One Way Love by Tullian Tchividijian
- Four Cups by Chris Hodges
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
- And this stack from the library prepping to hear the Dalai Lama speak in Birmingham later this month
MUSIC I’M LISTENING TO
- This! My new favorite song—It Is Well by Kristene DiMarco/Bethel. Our worship team sang it last Sunday (I missed it). “Through it all, through it all / My eyes are on You / Through it all, through it all / It is well.”
[click here if you can’t see the video It Is Well]
- And this Nothing I Hold On To. Every day after serving in Guatemala, we’d eat dinner together then sing to Jesus, being refilled by him through this song and others. “I lean not on my own understanding / My life is in the hands of the Maker of heaven / I give it all to You God / Trusting that You’ll make something beautiful out of me.”
NEW MINISTRIES I’M PRAYING OVER
- Nueva Generacion – One of our gracious hosts (and translators) in Guatemala was Luis Castillo and his Spirit-filled wife Mireya. They are awesome missionaries to their own people. Meet Luis here. Luis ministered with us each day, and each night Mireya fed authentic Guatemala food to our bodies and authentic spiritual food to our souls through her testimonies and spiritual gifts.
- Potter’s House – Oh my. Check out some videos on their page. These saints work daily with the children who live in the dump community of Guatemala City. We partnered with them so I saw first-hand what amazing servants of God they are. Pray for them now as they’re preparing for a month-long VBS in November to keep the kids off the streets during their school break.
- Huntsville Dream Center – This is a local non-profit organization where I live that partners with other ministries to give hope and show the love of Jesus to those in our community.
ON THE BLOG
- But if you say no? – God loves us the same whether we say yes or no, but he asks us to participate (my Guatemala update)
- Don’t end up in the middle of the lake – If you want something, ask first
* * *
What are you looking forward to in October? Leave a comment here.
- Explain grace or show it?
- Why I have trouble with grace