Summaries and links to blog posts for January 2018
- 8 Books I Recommend – January 2018 (1/29)
Recommended reading from books I finished in January 2018
- Blessed Are the Misfits – Is That You? (1/26)
Are you a perfect fit for your church? None of us are. But Brant Hansen says that is a blessing. Book review of Blessed Are the Misfits.
- Advice for All Ages (1/24)
Here are 4 life lessons from Proverbs that are just as applicable for adults as they are for kids. Which one do you need the most?
- Raise Your Hand If . . . (1/22)
Averie asked, “Why do people raise their hands at your church?” That’s a good question. How would you answer?
- Meet Travis 1. Meet Travis 2. (1/17)
I met two new friends, both named Travis. One was a pastor; one was homeless. What did they have in common?
- How to Love Well in Our Culture (1/15)
How can we love with both grace and truth in our culture? It’s more about how we live than what we say. Review of Chris Hodges’ The Daniel Dilemma.
- Is This a Throwaway Prayer? (1/10)
She said someone prayed over her 4 years ago. And now this? Why prayer is never a throwaway line.
- Not Just for Christmas – Come, Let Us Adore Him (1/8)
This Christmas devotional isn’t just for Christmas. Come, adore Jesus all year-round with this thoughtful 31-day devotional by Paul David Tripp.
- Say It More: “I Don’t Know” (And My One Word for 2018) (1/4)
We don’t want to be unprepared. Mysteries can feel dangerous. Start by saying, “I don’t know.”
- Five Links, Books, and Things I Love – January 2018 (1/1)
Links and pictures of articles, books, and things I love for January 2018
- 8 Books I Recommend – January 2018
- 5 Links, Books, and Things I Love – February 2018