Discouraged or Afraid?
They are two different emotions, discouragement and fear. It’s likely you’ve had a dose of both in the past month.
We can become discouraged when our plans are continuously blocked. And become afraid when we or our loved ones seem in danger.
When faced with either of these emotions, it’s helpful to examine our foundation for hope.
- What are we believing in?
- Where does our trust lie?
- What makes us feel safe?
Our Featured Post
As our featured post today, consider Beth Steffaniak’s questions at her post here, “How Much Do You Trust God in Time of Crisis?”
Beth asks us to evaluate ourselves on ten statements, including these three:
3. Even though God may not remove the trials in my life, I’m still confident that He is with and protecting me (Isaiah 43:2).
5. When I feel weak, I take that as my cue to turn my weaknesses over to Jesus for His power to work through them perfectly (2 Corinthians 12:9-10).
8. When troubles come, I consistently remind myself that God is using these times to strengthen my trust in Him (2 Corinthians 1:8-9).
I encourage you to read Beth’s post to find your own weak links to pray about. As she says, “the need to encourage myself (yourself too) in the Lord has never been more needed.”
Thanks for sharing, Beth! Here’s a button for your blog.
We pray that Grace & Truth will point you to Jesus. Add your post to encourage others in the Christian blogging community.
1. Follow your hosts on their blogs and/or social media channels, if you’d like.
2. Share 1 or 2 of your most recent CHRISTIAN LIVING posts. (No DIY, crafts, recipes, or inappropriate articles.)
3. Visit and comment on 1 or 2 other links. Be an encourager. Please don’t link and run.
4. All links are randomly sorted. Link early or late. The playing field is even.
To Be Featured:
5. Post the button or link back to one of our hosts. It encourages new participants. (Not mandatory to participate, but required to be featured.)
6. Every host will feature and promote one blog every week.
Now Let’s Link Up!
Do you struggle more with discouragement or with fear? Please share your thoughts in the comments.
- Just One at a Time
- Is It Okay to Do Nothing?