Blessed are the persecuted.
That’s us, right? (Or at least us in the broad sense. I make zero claims of suffering persecution in my comfy American lifestyle.)
Yet whenever I think of persecution, I always side with the persecuted, not the persecutors.
- But are we ever on the other side of persecution?
- Do we ever make others suffer?
- Do we ever treat people wrongly because their beliefs (or race/politics/orientation/fill in the blank) differ from ours?
Can we also be persecutors?
Read the rest here: When we are the ones who persecute
* * *
I’m writing today at Do Not Depart for our “Blessed Are the Persecuted series.” Will you join me there?
- Is reading the Bible worth it?
- Receive the gift of story