Donna’s work exposes her to the underbelly of life. She often sees the bad things, the hard things, that we humans can do to each other.
In our featured post this week, Donna sits us in a courthouse hallway with her, awaiting her turn to advocate for a child.
But even in the worst of the worst situations, she still finds hope. She seeks for it.
Donna finds it in the light that God shines in the dark.
She reminds us of the apostle John’s words:
“The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.”
Donna took a deep dive in the Greek word “overcome” in this verse.
And she saw what the darkness has NOT done.
The darkness has not overcome the light.
“Christ, the Light John speaks of in John 1:5, not only defeats darkness, He ensures the dark forces of sin and evil are powerless to ever apprehend Him and therefore His own.”
Read all of Donna’s post here, then add your blog own links below.
Where do you need to see light overcome darkness? Share your thoughts in the comments.
1. Share 1 or 2 of your most recent CHRISTIAN LIVING posts. (No DIY, crafts, recipes, or inappropriate articles.) All links are randomly sorted.
2. Comment on 1 or 2 other links. Grace & Truth linkup encourages community.
3. Every host features one entry from the previous week. To be featured, include this button or link back here on your post (mandatory to be featured, but not to participate).
We encourage you to follow our hosts on their blogs or social media.
Now Let’s Link Up!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
- When You’re Not Sure How God Works
- Light Has an Order: How to Light Up Someone Else