AROUND THE WEB
- How to know if you talk too much
- Will you get Alzheimer’s? It’s one of my fears since my mom had it.
- Are you neat but not organized, or vice versa? Neat and organized are two different things.
- A teenager’s view about social media: Facebook (it’s dead to them but they can’t get off, like an awkward family dinner party they can’t leave). Instagram (the most used). Twitter (so-so to them; what’s the point?). Snapchat (becoming most used). And more.
- Are we so committed to the Bible that we go beyond it?
- Pictures of introversion. We get a lot of press these days. 17 more graphics to explain ourselves to others.
- How to read 1000 books (1. Read more than one book at a time. 2. Read every day. 3. Always keep a book with you.)
- Books I recommend from August
- How to read like a methodical madman
- I’m enjoying reading and blogging about Knowing God with the group at Tim Challies, although I miss the blog comments there. (He’s turned it over to Facebook—way too many comments for me to wade through.)
- In my daily Bible reading, I finally finished Jeremiah in the Old Testament (whew! it was tough at the end) and started the letter of Galatians in the New Testament.
- My current Goodreads list is here.
THINGS I LOVE
- I’m loving my “One Second a Day” app. Here’s August’s video. [click here if you can’t see the video]
- My childhood home is now officially sold. No longer ours. The new family wanted a history of the house, so we compiled memories and made this little book for them (and for us).
- But before we turned over the keys, we got in a few more visits.
My 4 Corners bestie, Kathy, wanted one last look.
- And my sister Sandy and I needed one last sit on the front steps.
- “Christianity has a branding problem.” Great 8-part podcast “Christian” series by Andy Stanley. The last lesson, “Working it out” sums it up well, if you only have time to listen to one message.
ON THE BLOG
- If you don’t see God at work, maybe you’re not looking.
About my friend who woke up from her coma!
- Are you impatient with your impatience?
About giving the same grace to ourselves that we give to others.
- There is power in a place.
About claiming the power where you live (and my childhood house).
LOOKING FORWARD TO
- Our newest Bible memory challenge—Isaiah 12:1-6—is about to begin! Get the details if you’re interested.
- 31 Days, a writing challenge every day in October, is about to begin.
I’ve plotted an outline but haven’t written anything yet. Previous years I’ve written 31 Quotes of Grace – 2014, 31 Days of Book Quotes – 2013, 31 Days of Grace – 2012. And if you’re interested, How to make a link-up button with PicMonkey.
- AU Football is back! Jeff and I are going to the opener this weekend to celebrate our 23rd anniversary.
* * *
What are you looking forward to this month? Please share in the comments.
- On the blog – August 2015
- You know God and Jesus. But what about the Holy Spirit?