This is our final week of memorizing James 1 at Do Not Depart.
We’ve been convicted often on . . .
- hearing versus doing
- doubting versus believing
- quitting versus remaining
If you’d like to spend more time in James 1 now or in the future, below is a list of the short devotional thoughts, prayers, wallpaper, and resources that we used this summer.
After a few weeks off, we’ll return this fall to dive into a different chapter, memorizing, meditating, and studying as we go. Stay tuned for details to come.
- James 1:1 – Who is humble?
- James 1:2-3 – When trials come
- James 1:4 – Endure to be made complete
- James 1:5-6 – Go to the Source
- James 1:7-8 – Open your hands
- James 1:9-10 – Low or high, rejoice
- James 1:11 – Beauty is seasonal
- James 1:12-13 – Want to stand strong?
- James 1:14-15 – Birth life, not death
- James 1:16-17 – God gives perfectly
- James 1:18 – God wants you to be his
- James 1:19-20 – Get your mouth out of trouble
- James 1:21-22 – When listening isn’t enough
- James 1:23-24 – Look in the mirror
- James 1:25 – If you want the blessing
- James 1:26-27 – What is pure religion?
- RESOURCES for James 1 – text cards, 1st letter cards, bookmark
Join our Hide His Word Facebook group for more community and encouragement in memorizing scripture.
* * *
Is memorizing scripture a helpful practice to you? What tips could you share? I’d love to hear in the comments.
- God is most present in this moment
- Books I recommend – July 2015