We’ve passed the midpoint of 2021.
- Where are you in your pandemic recovery?
- Is your area still in lockdown?
- Has your life returned back to normal already?
For me, I returned to the dentist for the first time this week (no cavities, whew). I’ve been eating inside restaurants again. And my book club has dropped our zoom connection and are connecting again in person.
But unfortunately, the covid infection rates have been trending upward, upward, upward again here. My home state of Alabama has the lowest vaccination rate in the United States (although we swap the title occasionally with Mississippi). Some people call it “faith over fear.” Others call it “craziness instead of common sense.”
But however you frame it (and the labeling from either side is rarely helpful or even accurate), the uptick in new cases via the Delta variant is a reminder that life is not back to normal yet for everybody, even in the United States.
Featured Post—8 Questions to Consider
Before we fly through the summer, Linda Stoll asks us to take a moment to reflect on what we’ve been through with the pandemic. And where God is leading us next.
Here are a few of my answers.
During the pandemic –
1. What did you yearn for?
For camaraderie, for peace, for safety.
3. What did you lose?
A sense of my innocence, that our country couldn’t get in agreement for concern over each other’s collective welfare ahead of our individual interests.
And now –
5. What’s stirring inside?
To bridge some divides. To let some of the forgotten people know they still matter. To continually seek God’s help to forgive individuals and groups that I’ve harbored grievances against.
8. Is God beckoning you toward ‘a new thing’?
Still unknown. . . .
Read all of Linda’s post here at her blog, then link up your own blog posts below.
What’s life like for you now? Are you on the other side of the pandemic or are you still in the thick of it?
1. Share 1 or 2 of your most recent CHRISTIAN LIVING posts. (No DIY, crafts, recipes, or inappropriate articles.) All links are randomly sorted.
2. Comment on 1 or 2 other links. Grace & Truth linkup encourages community.
3. Every host features one entry from the previous week. To be featured, include this button or link back here on your post (mandatory to be featured, but not to participate).
We encourage you to follow our hosts on their blogs or social media.
Now Let’s Link Up!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
- 3 Ways to See How God Is Good to YOU
- How One Small Habit Adds Up