When times are troubled, we can think they’re the worst. Has it ever been this bad before? And it’s only going downhill, we say.
But history might claim differently. And future begs no.
Because we have the present of today. Now.
In this present, where God lives, we can find . . .
- Reasons to hope.
- Reasons to do good.
- Reasons to move forward.
Because when things look their worst, we most see the need for change.
Seeing the need for change brings opportunity.
We need to change.
Unfairness has existed in America since her first days as a united nation. She claimed unity early on, but it wasn’t true. There were people in power and people not in power (and certainly many in between).
Those in power may have claimed unity, but those not in power would have disagreed.
They knew better. They’ve always known. Others haven’t.
Some still don’t.
Things aren’t worse. The ugly parts have always been here.
They’re just still being uncovered. Becoming more visible.
And because of their visibility, we ask God:
- To change our ugly into lovely.
- To shift our hate into grace.
- To turn our wrong into right.
He wants to. If we’ll want to.
He can. If we’ll allow him.
And he will, eventually. Whether we will or not.
Participate or not. Now or later. Therein lies our choice.
May we . . .
- Choose wisely.
- Choose grace.
- Choose love.
* * *
Where do you see hope in these days? Please share in the comments.
- Were They Really the “Good ‘Ol Days”? Depends on Who You Ask
- When I Am Embarrassed to Be White
- Do You Believe What They’re Saying? Blacks and Whites in America
- The More of Less – Book Review on Decluttering
- He Said/She Said – Stop Assuming